Monday, May 17, 2010

Colgate MaxFresh



Story behind it:

It was time again for that dreaded bimonthly adventure-shopping for groceries. I'm not sure why it's always such an overwhelming experience. It just is. My husband and I try to make it bearable by going to two different places. One of those places usually ends up being Wal-Mart, which is where we found this toothpaste.

Mouthwash and toothpaste were high up on the list this time, so how could I resist when I saw this product from Colgate? It's toothpaste with mouthwash beads. That sounds like a pretty good two-for-one. I have no problem admitting that I am cheap. I am cheap. See, I didn't even flinch when I was typing that. Not only was this toothpaste on sale, but it was also strategically located. I didn't have to maneuver through a tiny aisle with an over-sized cart to get to it.

Pros:

The "minty wave" flavor isn't horrible.

It doesn't burn (meaning it's not super hot like some toothpaste).

My breath was fresh.

Cons:

The mouthwash beads are a little weird. I'm used to beads in my skin cleansers, so I felt like I was exfoliating my tongue and gums.

Judgement Call:

Go ahead and ride the minty wave.  That was horribly cheesy, I know, but I couldn't resist. It doesn't take long to get used to the mouthwash beads. Colgate's MaxFresh does its job like any other toothpaste. Exfoliating you to fresher breath...now that's what's new, and I like it.

1 comment:

  1. [...] the time I was having my toothpaste quest, I was still feeling a bit adventurous. I passed by several displays for teeth whitening strips, [...]

    ReplyDelete