Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Miss America...Not hurting my self-esteem

I'm not sure if this post will get me kicked out of the womanhood club. But hey, what could really happen? A renegade group of women of various physiques and complexions all decked out in pink will rip out my uterus? Unlikely. As a woman, I'm probably supposed to abhor all things that could possibly degrade women. Since a boatload of people have been trashing Miss America (which is nothing new), I guess it would only be right that I jump on the bandwagon. I'm not sure if the bandwagon or boat would be on top. All I know is that it's too crowded for me no matter how it's situated.

So what if Miss America is a former pole dancer/ dancer that used a pole/ sexy dancer with an occassional pole prop!  At least she was a champion. We all have a past. Go ahead. Say it. I'll wait. "But we're all not Miss America!" You're right. Let's be realistic though. How many of us have done less than reputable things in the past? We all may have one thing (and I'm being generous by saying one) in the past that is not reflective of our overall character.

Is Miss America supposed to be an example for young girls? Sure. Then again, aren't parents supposed to be the greatest examples for their children? So even if the Miss America Organization claims to want to empower women blah blah blah blah...but is dropping the ball in many people's opinions, let's strum up some self-empowerment?

To completely swipe a line from Kat Williams and use it somewhat out of context, "Bi*** it's called SELF-ESTEEM! It's esteem of your mothaf***** self. How am I gonna f*** up how you feel about you simple b****?"

Maybe that's the next statement the Miss America folks should come out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment